There is now an atlas of living Australia.
The Atlas of Living Australia (Atlas) contains information on all the known species in Australia aggregated from a wide range of data providers: museums, herbaria, community groups, government departments, individuals and universities.
Use it to:
- access information pages for each species containing photos, descriptions, maps and observations
- access scientific and common names
- explore the flora and fauna reported around your neighbourhood
- learn about Australia’s biodiversity collections at museums, herbaria and other institutions
- learn about citizen science projects
- map, analyse and visualise biodiversity and environmental data and trends
- access tools to help track changes in biodiversity and the environment
- download and use open source tools
- download biodiversity data
- access images, literature and genetic information through Australian nodes of international data repositories
- volunteer for digitisation projects.